It’s crucial to remember that health and wellness is more than a supplement, mental state, good diet, workout, or self-care routine. “Wellness “is a whole person approach to taking care of your wellbeing, including being aware of your choices for mind, body and spirit and making the right decisions to realize a more balanced self.
CBD can act as a supplement to support a healthy lifestyle.
CBD dosing is different for every individual. One size does not fit all, and what worked for someone else may not work the same way for you. Finding the right CBD dose for your health and wellness goal is essential to experience the results you want.
We recommend starting low and slow, by recording your target, intake method and dosage in a wellness journal each day to optimize your individual experience. Every week, you should evaluate the dose you’re currently taking and the effects you’ve experienced. If you see the results you want, stay at this dose and re-evaluate every 3-6 months. If you aren’t seeing results, increase your dosage slightly until you find what works for you. As you continue to take CBD, your dosage will change naturally over time, affected by the frequency of use, building tolerance, and other factors like weight, age, metabolism, overall health and more.
Some tips on items you will want to record in your wellness journal:
- Date: Recording the date ensures you don’t miss supplementing any day; it also helps to monitor how long you’ve been on a consistent dose.
The Time(s) of Day:Depending on the goal you’re hoping to achieve, the time(s) you take your CBD is of importance.
- Example; if you’re hoping to get a night of better sleep, you would want to take your CBD dose closer to bedtime. How long before would depend on the method in which you’re consuming your CBD. Vaping has a quick time to affect. Therefore, you can dose closer to bedtime. Whereas, edibles can take much longer to feel the effects, so you may want to have your CBD snack up to one hour before you plan on sleeping.
Also, you may choose to micro dose throughout the day for desired effects such as clarity or calm so it can help you throughout your entire day.
- The CBD Product:We recommend sticking to one form of CBD until you find your right dosage with that product. However, like many, you may have several forms of CBD products that you are taking, and in this scenario, we highly suggest recording each one. Each product will have different CBD concentrations, different bioavailability and depending on what it is blended with, the potential for secondary entourage effects.
The CBD Method:It is critical when recording your progress to document the CBD delivery method. The method will determine how much CBD is being absorbed and how quickly you’ll see the effects in your body.
- Example; Bioavailability of orally ingested CBD is 10-20% with the uptake of effects taking approximately 30-120 minutes. Vaping CBD, on the other hand, has a bioavailability of 34-56% and effects are known to kick in almost immediately.
- The CBD Dose:Recording dose will help you determine if you need to increase the dosage to meet your intended results.
- Your Wellness Goal:Make sure to record your ultimate goal and journal daily about how your CBD supplement is working for your purposes or general health and wellness. Track even small changes in your symptom and progress.
- Example;If you are experiencing sore, achy muscles, record on a scale of 1-10 how bad it is each day. Has the pain improved? If you are taking CBD for general health and wellness, note how you are feeling instead.
The Infused Amphora Team is dedicated to creating resources to educate and engage consumers on the growing evidence of CBD benefits and the extensive health and wellness properties of CBD oil.
**Make sure to acquire your products from manufacturers that have a reputation for high-quality CBD. There is a wide range of CBD products currently offered online and in-store. Labelling alone is not always reliable. That is why it’s imperative that you, as a consumer, know precisely what you’re paying for, so you can be confident about the quality of your purchase. Reliable brands who display Certificates of Analysis (COAs) for their products from a third-party lab value transparency and create trust for their customers.
**Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have with undertaking a new health care regimen and never disregard professional medical advice.
Written by | Infused Amphora Team
The Infused Amphora Team is dedicated to creating resources to educate and engage consumers on the growing evidence of CBD benefits and the extensive health and wellness properties of CBD Oil.
Contributor | Angus Taylor CEO
Infused Amphora “Learn” is intended for informational purposes only and is NOT a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.